Buy Dogecoin with a Credit Card
If you’d like to purchase Dogecoin directly with fiat currencies (such as USD or EUR), then Binance is your best bet. However, if you are unable to use Binance for some reason, or simply want to use Coinbase, then read on.
There are very few options to buy Dogecoin with a credit or debit card. Livecoin claims to accept credit card transactions. However, being a small unregulated exchange, it’s up to you whether you want to trust them with your credit card details.
If you simply must use a credit card to buy Dogecoin, it’s better to use one of the larger exchanges. You will first need to buy Bitcoin from a more trusted exchange like Coinbase, Binance, or Coinmama. You can then exchange the Bitcoin for DOGE later.
I’ve listed how to buy Bitcoin below. In this example, we’re using Coinbase:
- Head to Coinbase and click sign up.
- Fill in the registration page.
- When registered, you need to add your credit card details.
- Then, to buy Bitcoin, click the “Buy/Sell” tab as shown below.
- You then need to enter the amount of Bitcoin you would like to buy.
- hoose your payment method (credit card) and enter your details to complete the sale.
- Click on the “Accounts” tab and you should see the amount of Bitcoin you just bought in your Bitcoin wallet.
Next you need to exchange your Bitcoin for DOGE. For this example, I’ll be using Binance. Again, the steps are below:
- Fill in your details on the standard registration page.
- Once registered, click “Funds” and then “Deposits” on the top menu. Choosing a deposit with Bitcoin gives you your Bitcoin receiving address.
- Copy this address and head back to Coinbase.
- When you have logged in to Coinbase, click on the “Accounts” tab.
- Under “Your Accounts” you will see your Bitcoin wallet. This is where you will see the amount of Bitcoin you purchased on Coinbase. You need to click “Send” as shown below. (For this example, we didn’t purchase any Bitcoin. That is why the “Send” option is grey. If you have Bitcoin here, you should be able to click it.)
- Once you have clicked “Send” you should see the following box.
- In the Recipient box, you need to paste the Binance address you copied earlier.
- Enter the amount of Bitcoin you want to transfer to your Binance wallet.
- Click “Send funds”
- In a few minutes, you should receive your BTC at Binance.
- Go back to Binance and click the “Markets” button at the top of the page.
- Type “DOGE” in the search box and press enter. Then, press the DOGE/BTC pair.
- You will be redirected to a new trading page. Press the Market tab at the lower part of the screen, and enter the amount of Bitcoin you wish to spend on DOGE.
- Then, all that’s left to do is press “Buy DOGE”.
- It might take a few minutes to complete your order. When it’s done, your DOGE will appear in the wallet section.
- It’s then important to withdraw your DOGE to a secure wallet. I’d recommend either a hardware wallet. However, you can use a software wallet if you’re only storing small amounts of DOGE for online tipping.
That’s all there is to it. You now know how to buy Dogecoin using a credit card.
Share On social Media 👇