Best Cryptocurrency to Invest in 2021 (Updated)
This year saw unprecedented volatility with wild swings, uncertainty over whether we are in a bull or a bear market, and some individuals attempting to manipulate prices (*cough* Elon Musk *cough*). Despite the chaos, the general outlook is positive throughout the industry. Many suspect the early summer’s downturn is a Wyckoff movement designed to drop the price so that institutions can buy into the market at a discounted price. But despite the mini-crash of June 2021, trading volumes of Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Bitcoin Cash, and Cardano remained high.
Retail investors are stuffing their wallets with digital currencies while they can afford to. FinTech disruption benefited from the growth of crypto in 2021, with traditional financial institutions struggling to keep up with the rate of change. However, for individual investors hoping for decent gains, 2021 has been a wild ride.
So, what is this year’s best cryptocurrency to invest in? Also, where do you get these cryptocurrencies, and is it easy to buy them if you’ve never bought crypto before? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered, so keep reading; first with the overviews, and further below, we go into more detail.
- Offers longevity as a crypto asset
- Listed on plenty of quality exchanges, such as Binance, Gate.io, Gemini, or Coinbase
- Presents a real technological innovation
- Has an excellent market sentiment
Bitcoin (BTC): The King
- The original blockchain and cryptocurrency (first generation)
- The largest market cap of any coin, accounting for about half of the entire crypto-world
- Finally recognized by hedge fund managers and analysts for its great potential as a store of wealth due to its deflationary design, despite years of FUD (fear, uncertainty, and doubt)
- Created a financial revolution that has taken the world by storm
- The design was so innovative and world-changing that the developer had to go to great lengths to keep his identity a secret
- The all-time high value reached in April 2013 at over $63,000
- Having dropped considerably since then, many are seeing any price lower than $60,000 as a good buy-in point
- Available on almost every cryptocurrency exchange in the world, including the best ones:
Ethereum (ETH): Waiting in the Wings
- The second blockchain to be created (second generation), with young developer Vitalik Buterin gaining international recognition for his excellent cryptography design
- The DeFi world was originally enabled thanks to Ethereum’s dApp-building capabilities, helping to generate another multi-billion-dollar industry
- The design of Ethereum is quite different (from BTC), aiming to create a worldwide network of nodes that result in a supercomputer and ledger belonging to the world
- NFTs and the digital art world are also backed by Ethereum, increasing its value, utility, and popularity
- Available to trade or purchase on:
Cardano (ADA): The Promised Progressive Platform?
- The largest and most successful third-generation cryptocurrency with prices that grew more than tenfold
- To simplify the progress achieved by Cardano and the ADA token, it can be described as a Proof-of-Stake system that operates more efficiently than the systems deployed by BTC and ETH
- Cardano also uses Smart Contracts very effectively to track transactions and allows cross-chain behavior so that it can interact with the Bitcoin and Ethereum blockchains
- Having a superior technology to their rivals is excellent for the project long-term, but it still requires mass adoption to support the token and blockchain’s established presence
- In 2021, ADA climbed to become the 4th biggest cryptocurrency by market cap overall, toying for the spot closely with Binance Coin (BNB)
- Available on:
Share On social Media 👇